The Benefits of Rainwater Harvesting with WaterButtShop
Rainwater harvesting to take care of your garden, plants, and animals is the most natural way of ensuring that your garden is sufficiently watered. By not using drinking water for non-drinking purposes, you will use less energy, spend less money, and do a better job for the environment.
Why use a Water Butt?
- When properly used, a water butt is capable of providing all of the water you need to keep your garden thriving throughout the long, hot summer months.
- Using a watering can to carry rainwater from the butt to your plants, you can ensure you do not use any more water than is necessary whilst avoiding wasting your high quality drinking water.
- Your carbon footprint will be significantly reduced. At the moment, the average household in the UK has half a tonne of water delivered to their home each day, costing large sums of money and energy.
- If all households in the UK were to use a water butt, around 30,000 million litres of water would be saved each summer, which is enough to fill the Bewl Water reservoir which dried out in the summer of 2006.
- Rainwater is actually better for our plants than the filtered water we drink, so everyone and everything benefits!
The high quality water butts on offer at WaterButtShop are designed to fit unobtrusively into all kinds of settings, from country gardens to town centre backyards. The 3P Technik water butts are available in wood effect, stone effect, and space saving designs and all are made from high quality, rota moulded polyethylene, each with brass threaded inserts.
To decide what size tank you will need, consider the amount of water you are likely to need depending upon your plant varieties and the size of your garden area. In many cases, a number of water butts can be connected together if needs be.
Providing for house builders, developers, and retailers, the products we have on offer vary greatly in size, cost, and appearance. Ranging from £168 (inc VAT) for our 275 Litre Tuscan Water Butt to £1,999 for our 5000 Litre Wall Tank System, there is a perfect option for every application.
For a full list of the products we currently have in stock, visit Waterbuttshop.co.uk.
All of our water butts are shipped free of charge.