3P Technik Water Butts: a Brief Guide
Rainwater harvesting to for your garden and plants is the most natural method of making sure your environment is properly hydrated. Avoiding watering the garden with drinking water means using less energy, losing less money, and better benefiting the environment.
- When properly set up, a water butt is able to provide all of the water necessary to keep a garden thriving during the warmer, longer summer days.
- Transferring rainwater from the butt to your plants with a watering can, you can be certain you are not using any more water than is needed whilst avoiding unnecessary waste of high quality drinking water.
- Using a water butt will drastically reduce your carbon footprint. At the moment, the average household in the UK receives half a tonne of water from the mains supply each day, incurring massive costs in money and energy.
- If each and every home in the UK were to rely at least partly on a water butt, around 30,000 million litres of water could be conserved each summer – that’s sufficient to fill the Bewl Water reservoir which dried out in the summer of 2006.
- Naturally acidic rainfall is actually more beneficial for our plants than the chalky, filtered water we prefer to drink, so everyone and everything benefits!
The quality water butts available from Water Butt Shop are designed to fit inconspicuously into a vast array of settings, from cottage gardens to city centre yards. The 3P Technik water butts are available in a range of looks including wood effect, stone effect, and minimalist space saving designs. They are all made using the highest quality, rota moulded polyethylene, each with brass threaded inserts.
To decide how small or large a tank you will need, work out the amount of water you are likely to need depending upon your plant varieties and the size of your outdoor areas. A number of water butts can be connected together if needs be.
Providing for house builders, developers, and retailers, the products we offer vary in size, cost, and appearance. Starting at £168 (inc VAT) for our 275 Litre Tuscan Water Butt (above) to £618 for our 1500 Litre Utility Tank (left) and more, there is an option for every application.
For a full list of the products we currently have in stock, visit the Water Butt Shop.
All of our water butts will be shipped free of charge.